Sacramentans are asking Sacramento Regional Transit to not extend their contract with G4S, a global private security company that is profiting from and complicit with human rights violations around the world, including operating privatized juvenile prisons in the United States in which inmates have been abused. Click for the letter sent to RT.
We are also asking that Sac RT develop social responsibility criteria to be included in the request for proposals (RFP) for the next contract to exclude companies that are involved in human rights violations.
Contact us at SacRideHuman@gmail.com to:
- Add your group’s name to the letter.
- Arrange for a presentation to your group, place of workshop, friends, family, colleagues.
- Ask a question or make a comment.
For more information on G4S:
- G4S Fact sheet
- Jewish Voice for Peace report on G4S
- Statement from 1000 Black Activists, Artists and Scholars
- Letter to United Nations on G4S
- G4S flyer